Working in an HF Acid Unit is difficult at the best of times. That’s why we made
1. Confirm that the flanges are undamaged, clean and properly aligned before installing the gasket.
2. Spread the flanges to insert the ALKY-
3. Use new studs when installing the ALKY-
4. Use a high-
5. Use a clicker torque wrench.
7. Use a flange gap tool to ensure even compression.
8. Tighten to the recommended value in our torque chart.
Using a tapered flange gap tool (such as the one shown below) at three points will
ensure an even bolt-
Flange gap tools are available from Advanced Sealing.